Candle Fire Guts 7 Bedroom House

0
1008
Untitled-3.jpg

An unattended candle last week Friday set ablaze a seven bedroom house valued at US$5,000.00 in the Soul Clinic Community in Paynesville, outside Monrovia.

The fire left homeless 30 persons who have taken refuge with relatives and friends.

The victims lost personal effects amounting to thousands of dollars.

The proprietor of the house, an employee of the Department of Budget at the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning (MFDP), William S. Kollie, told the Daily Observer yesterday that US$2,000 and LD25,000 cash burned in the fire.

He said he has written to the director of Disaster Management of the Liberian National Red Cross Society requesting emergency relief for the victims.

“They need food, clothes, cooking utensils and medicine,” said Kollie.

Asked what materials were needed to rebuild the house, Mr. Kollie said, “we need zinc, steel rods, planks, cement, sand and nails.”

He also appealed for financial contributions from the general public and private institutions.

Mr. Kollie said anyone wishing to render material or financial assistance may contact him at the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning on Broad Street or by mobile phone +231-886-847-788.

Authors

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here