Keitrace Defeats LPRC Oilers 2-0


After collecting a point in their last league match against Jubilee FC, Keitrace FC yesterday defeated sensational LPRC Oilers 2-0 at the Antoinette Tubman Stadium.

Keitrace kicked off the match on a promising mood by controlling ball possession, but could not get the curtain raiser until the 29th minute after Sekou Kamara slotted home a low ground shot in the lower-right corner of Oilers’ goalpost.

Oilers could have gotten the opener in the early minutes of the match after midfielder George Solo’s delivery in the Keitrace’s defense was headed by striker Blamo Nimely, but was saved by the cross bar.

The lone goal kept Keitrace in the lead to end the first half.

Coach Kollie Korvah, who according to reports will receive a letter terminating his contract if he fails to secure a win in the match, had a team talk with his players that saw them raising the tempo in the second half and were awarded a penalty in the 73rd minute after substitute Elijah Gaulo was brought down in the penalty area.

Sulomon Kamara wasted the penalty after his shot came off the cross bar and was cleared by Keitrace’s defense.

Even though Oilers missed the penalty, they kept the pressure on their opponents with Gaulo missing an open opportunity for the equalizer.

A minute later, Keitrace’ striker Dauda Kamara who kept Oilers defense busy from the start of the match, finally registered his name on the score sheet to clinch the victory. He capitalized on Oilers’ defensive error.

The result puts Keitrace in fourth position with 16 points out of nine matches, while LPRC Oilers remain in 11th position with four points out of eight matches.

In the second match following their 6-0 defeat against Invincible Eleven on Friday, the Go Blue Boys settled to a goalless draw against Monrovia Club Breweries.

Both teams failed to get a goal with BYC having most of the chances through Captain Van-Dave Harmon, Prince Saydee and Randy Dukuly.

Patrice Panton of Club Beer was provided lots of opportunities, but he kept wasting the Islanders them upfront.

Later in the second half, striker Panton was substituted with Nicholas Andrews, while BYC made two changes to bring Mark Paye, for Sporo Somah and left back James Kpoto for injured Varney Hilton.

The changes from both sides yielded no result, as the game remained goalless.

BYC got an advantage after their opponents were reduced to 10 men when Raymond Fanciah was red carded in the early minutes of the second half, but the champions could not secure a win.

BYC are now second on the league table with 17 points out of nine matches with an outstanding game on hand, while Breweries move to 6th with 12 points out of eight matches.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here