‘We Abided by Hospital’s Policy’


Dr. Korto Dorbor, defense’s first witness in the ongoing US$25 million case involving Representative Edward Forh and the JFK yesterday told Civil Law Court ‘A’ that she could not treat the late Nakita Forh because of the emergency policy adopted by the hospital.

Dr. Dorbor told the court that the policy prevented doctors at the hospital from admitting any emergency patient without first obtaining clearance from the Ebola Treatment Unit (ETU) set up to deal with people suspected of contracting the Ebola virus disease (EVD), which Nakita’s father failed to produce.

Dr. Dorbor, along with Munah Tarpeh, Tannie G. Sneh, Mary G. Howard Nyaquie, Dr. Billy C. Johnson, Dr. David Okiror, Prof. Joseph Njoh, Korzu B. Koryan-Browne and Dr. Wvannie Scott-McDonald, all employees of the JFK, is accused of being responsible for the death of Nakita Forh on the hospital’s compound on September 27, 2014.

Further in her testimony, Dr. Dorbor admitted that she was on duty when Rep. Forh brought his daughter to the hospital for treatment.

Forh had earlier claimed that he took his daughter to the hospital to use the Asthma Nebulizer to restore her breathing to normalcy. He said at the time, none of the individuals he sued paid attention to his daughter, leaving her to die in the hospital compound.
But Dr. Dorbor said doctors observed that Nakita had shown Ebola symptoms such as bleeding and vomiting, which prevented the doctors from providing treatment to her.

“When they arrived at the hospital and I noticed that her condition was very serious, I reported the matter to Dr. David Okiror, who was my supervisor. Thereafter, the two of them physically assessed Nakita’s situation, but Okiror advised me not to provide any medical assistance to her due to what we observed as symptoms of EVD,” Dr. Dorbor said.

“You know that the act to admit any patient was in the purview of senior doctors of which Okiror was a part of that decision making,” Dr. Dorbor told the court, adding, “I was just an intern then, and if I had ignored Dr. Okiror’s directive, I would have been denied my license to practice.”
She said senior doctors also advised them not to accept patients from the New Kru Town Community because they had considered the area as an “Ebola epicenter.”

“Those were some of the policies and Nakita came from that community so I was very careful and critical to attend to her, because several medical doctors had died in the process of treating those who earlier contracted the Ebola virus,” Dr. Dorbor said.
Meanwhile, the Liberia Medical and Dental Council (LMCDC) had initially investigated the manner in which doctors at the JFKMC handled Nakita’s medical situation. Following the investigation the LMCDC held the doctors liable for negligence, which the defendants denied.
The case continues.

Previous articleFGM Victim and Ebola Orphan Re-Surfaces
Next articleBoy, 3, Dying Slowly from Eye Disease
Born unto the union of Mr. & Mrs. Johnson Tamba on May 16. Graduated from the Salvation Army School System " William Booth high school" in 2006/2007 academic year. He also went to the Young Men Christian Association (YMCA) computer program, where he graduated with a diploma in computer literate in 2008. He is now a senior student of the University of Liberia, Civil engineering department, reading Civil engineering. He is in a serious relationship with Mercy Johnson and has a junior boy name, Otis Success Johnson, born 2016, March 29.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here