Pastor Gets Life for Murder


James Mulbah, the pastor of the Salvation Christ Deliverance Ministries in Paynesville, outside Monrovia will spend the rest of his life behind bars at the Monrovia Central Prison after 10 of the 12 jurors hearing his murder case yesterday declared him guilty.

The motive behind the two female jurors’ disagreement with the guilty verdict remains a mystery, although Mulbah had earlier pleaded guilty to murdering Patrick Yeanay, 23, whom he had suspected of having an affair with his wife, Hannah Mulbah.

Mulbah described his action, as “the work of the devil,” but the two jurors insisted that he was not guilty.

The two not guilty decision came immediately after the jury returned following hours of closed door deliberations.

Although, the pair disagreed with the other 10, Judge Roosevelt Z. Willie yesterday granted the verdict of guilty.

In his decision, Judge Willie said, “As in the instant case there are 10 jurors that have adjudged defendant Mulbah guilty and therefore the verdict is what they have brought down.”

He immediately requested his clerk of court to inform Probation Officers to ascertain whether or not there is any previous record of the defendant “to enable us to conduct a pre-sentencing hearing, as well as to make assignment for final judgment.”

It was after the instruction that Judge Willie announced that he would come down with his final judgment on Monday, August 29.

Before that, both prosecution and the defense team had agreed to waive final arguments into the matter, thereby giving Judge Willie the legal authority to use the lawyers’ initial documentary evidences to explain the case in a simple word to the jury.

At his trial, Mulbah admitted that he stabbed Patrick Yeanay multiple times during a fist fight on suspicion that he was having an affair with his wife.

According to Mulbah, he had long suspected and accused his wife of having a relationship with Yeanay, until she packed her clothes and left their residence the morning of the incident with a plan not to return.

Mulbah said he followed his wife later only to see her with the victim, which resulted into the fight.

He said it was during the fight that he stabbed Yeanay to death and fled to Bomi County where he was later arrested on April 16, by officers of the Liberia National Police (LNP) and brought to Monrovia.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here