Man Electrocuted in Logan Town

0
647
House Executed.jpg

A man identified as Mitchell Larmah died on Monday when what eyewitnesses said was a live electrical wire that reportedly latched on to the steel rod he was carrying. The incident occurred in the Logan Town Community on Bushrod Island near Babylon.

Eyewitnesses told the Daily Observer that, “Mitchell was carrying a steel rod when he mistakenly touched a loose current wire while passing close to the house they were building.”

When the incident occurred, an eyewitness said the deceased’s body suddenly began to peel from the face down, to the disbelief and utter amazement of onlookers.

“We observed that the steel that the deceased was carrying in his hand touched the wire, which led to his electrocution,” one account said.

“Right after the incident, Mr. Larmah was rushed to the Cynthia Community Clinic in Babylon where he was pronounced dead upon arrival,” added another eyewitness.

The eyewitnesses said the deceased was working for a man identified as Morris Jusufu, who they said was not present during the incident. Mr. Jusufu confirmed knowing the deceased, but denied hiring him as contractor.

The deceased was a resident of the Jamaica Road Community on the Bushrod Island. He was a mason by profession.

Eyewitnesses disclosed that this was the second time that such an incident had occurred at the building.

Meanwhile, the deceased was buried on Tuesday in keeping with the Muslim tradition.

Authors

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here