A blaze from an unknown source that recently destroyed a six-bed room house on Capitol Bye-pass left 24 occupants homeless and their valuables and money destroyed.
According to victims, the administrator of the house (not named) had earlier collected several thousand Liberian dollars from “daily saving customers,” but lost everything in the fire that burned the house down during the night.
“Nothing, not even a single thing, which included personal effects were retrieved from the house due to the how rapidly the fire spread,” one of the victims lamented.
“We lost everything including money, mobile phones, tape recorders, cooking utensils and all our personal belongings,” the fire victims cried.
The 24 persons are presently being hosted by friends and relatives since the fire disaster but they say pressure is being mounted on them to find their own places to stay.
In their efforts to resettle themselves, some of the victims have appealed to all well-meaning Liberians at home and abroad, non-governmental organizations, churches, embassies and other charitable entities for assistance.
According to the fire victims, they need assistance in the form of money and materials such as zinc, cement, planks, nails and sand for the reconstruction of the house.
Meanwhile, all financial and material assistance may be channeled through Abraham S. Nevins, leader of the affected persons through mobile phone number, (+231-777-331-824 and +231-880-625-683.