Liberia: Woman, 35, Arrested for alleged Murder of Husband in Pleebo

A 35-year-old woman has been arrested in Pleebo, Maryland county following a fistfight with her husband, leading to his death.

The Liberia National Police detachment in Pleebo City arrested and incarcerated suspect Josephine Diabeh on October 18, 2022, following preliminary investigation over the alleged gruesome death of her husband, Nathaniel Zambia Williams.

The late Williams, 43, was a former security for Orange Tower in Pleebo, Maryland. 

According to eyewitnesses, Diabeh, the wife of the late Williams, has been held as prime suspect in connection with her husband's death. She is currently detained at the Pleebo Police depot, facing investigation through the Police criminal investigation team headed by Mr. Jimmy Kardor in Pleebo, electoral district #2.

Since the suspicious death of Nathaniel Zambia Williams, there have been controversies over the incident.

After the death of Mr. Williams, a close relative revealed that Diabeh, the alleged perpetrator, and their junior brother (Nathaniel Zambia Williams) were involved in a serious fight, which they allegedly resulted in him being hospitalized followed by his sudden demise on October 18th.

Relatives of the late Nathaniel Zambia Williams said that the widow (Josephine Diabeh) has allegedly been in a constant habit of beating on their late brother.

Another relative who asked to remain anonymous narrated: “I came from River Gee County, Gbepo Karweaken, last Thursday and I got home during the afternoon and I was given kola.  But following the kola ceremony, because they can’t give kola to people in the evening, we laughed with it, but later, confusion broke out between our brother Nathaniel Zambia Williams and Josephine Diabeh, his wife on that same day.”

The relative of the deceased added that the conflict between the couple ensued after their late brother accused his wife of involvement in extra-marital affairs with someone in the community. 

According to the relative, following the allegation, he told the late Williams that it wasn’t the reason why he came to visit his home, and later asked the man to exercise patience and forget about any misunderstanding they might have had.

But relatives alleged that Nathaniel Z. Williams later said he would not listen to even Jesus Christ from Heaven, because the situation has been a total embarrassment to their relationship.

The relative continued that after constant appeals to the deceased, he  left the couple because the late Williams maintained that he had endured lots of frustrations from Diabeh.

“This woman just feels she gets plenty of body, but I will show her myself”, the late Williams was quoted to have said.

“So both of them began the fight, passing behind their house and started throwing rocks. But when I was going there, I left my touchscreen behind and took another road; when I was leaving, I used a parable, saying since both parties do not want to agree, I hope you guys shouldn’t turn things different”, the relative disclosed.

According to him, Suspect Diabeh then passed behind the house and remarked to the late Williams: “The rocks you have thrown on me, since today you have been throwing rocks at me; myself too I will hold something on you o!”

“So, Josephine went and held Nathaniel’s private parts. Before I reached there, things fell apart; no way. Then my brother was throwing his hands  up.”

The relative further noted that the next morning, which was on Friday, he received a call from Pleebo that the late Williams’ condition wasn’t encouraging so he was rushed to Pleebo health center on the same day because the incident that took place on Thursday evening, at about 8:15 p.m.

The relative said Nathaniel Z. Williams was diagnosed with several body pains, including torture of his private part and his entire spinal cord broken, though health authorities are yet to provide a medical report, despite efforts to have it available.

The relative explains that while at the Pleebo Health Center, the deceased was referred to JJ Dossen Memorial Referral Hospital in Harper City, where he was pronounced dead by health workers.