Liberia: Daughter of a Former Chief Justice Killed During Home Invasion

 Former Chief Justice Gloria Musu Scott, top left, and the deceased identified as Charloe Musu was a graduating student of Starz University in Monrovia,  top right.


.... Earlier this month, unknown individuals, on two occasions, invaded Cllr. Scott's home in what appears to be an attempt to harm her.

The daughter of former Chief Justice Cllr. Gloria Musu Scott was reportedly stabbed to death by armed robbers during a home invasion at the former Chief Justice's home in Virginia, Women's TV has reported.

The incident, according to the local TV station, is reported to have happened at 11 pm February 22, opposite the Sheriff gas station in Brewerville. Sources said that Scott's daughter was stabbed multiple times to death in the eyes of the other children in the house. Scott and the other children are said to have absconded the scene for fear for their lives following the incident.

There is a huge security presence at the home in order to protect the crime scene. Earlier this month, unknown individuals, on two occasions, invaded Cllr. Scott's home in what appears to be an attempt to harm her.

The unidentified persons, on the night of  February 8, broke into Scott's residence and returned late Thursday night, February 9, in the same fashion that depicts a mission intended to target the life of the Liberian lawyer.

Scott narrated that on the night of, February 8, while she and other family members were asleep, the unknown individuals entered in the roof of the kitchen through the ceiling, but could not breach the steel door to gain access to the living room.

She said the men collected from the kitchen table, the keys to the main entrance/gate to her property/residence, opened the shop and took only a bag of rice and left.

But before they departed the compound, Scott observed that the unknown men had taken one of the kitchen knives and a bucket of water and apparently dug a hole somewhere in her compound for whatever purpose, because the knives were discovered the next morning with soil dirt on both sides.

The visibly shocked female lawyer further said, as a precautionary measure, she bought several pad and cylinder locks on  February 9, and began to install additional protective/steel doors, but the welder could not complete the installation “so the keys, locks, light bulbs, along with a juice blender, and other items were left on the dining table and the family went to bed.”

Scott narrated further that, to the utmost surprise of the family, the unknown persons returned the next night (Thursday, February 9) and entered the house, this time from the top porch upstairs and down to the living room.

She said this time around they succeeded in opening the door between the living room and the main kitchen from the living room side and also opened the door between the main kitchen and the cook pot kitchen at the back of the house.

The 'frightened' Scott said as part of precautionary measures, she had intentionally disabled the lock and handle of the door leading to her sleeping quarters from the living room side, and so the invaders apparently struggled in vain to break into the sleeping quarters where she and other family members were asleep.

Upon hearing unusual sounds from the living room side, she carefully walked towards the door and saw it slightly opened, an indication that the unidentified persons made failed efforts to open it to gain access to the sleeping quarters.

 Scott further asserted that apart from the chilling scenes created inside the house, the unknown men whom she described as very bracing and presumably trained to their mission, also disabled the alarm system on her vehicle, opened it, lifted all the seats, and left files and documents in the car scattered, after apparently reading through them in an effort to find whatever they were searching for.