Face of Paynesville Second Edition Kicks Off

0
774
Untitled-11.jpg

The organizer of post-war Liberia’s first televised beauty pageant, “Face of Paynesville,” that is geared toward the empowerment of young girls, has announced the kick-off for the second edition.

“We don’t look for beauty and intelligence as a requirement for registration; all we require from candidates is that you be a resident of Paynesville City and are above 18 years,” chief organizer, Lyee Bility, said.

“The contestants will be taught the basic fundamentals of pageantry; how to speak, walk, dance, pose and portray themselves confidently,” he explained.

There will be lots of changes made from last year’s edition to advance this year’s pageant. “We will endeavor to ensure that more international standards will be employed, and there will be an increase in the prizes this year.

According to him, registration runs from July to August 31 and interested candidates can pick up their forms for US$30 each at Real TV on Duport Road.

The winner of last year’s Face of Paynesville, Asatu Toure, walked away with a car, a cash prize of US$3,500, a laptop, a cell phone and a week’s stay in a luxurious hotel.

Under the theme: “Introducing the Beauty of Fashion in Paynesville,” which is also a reality show, is expect to feature beachwear, evening gowns and an interview before a panel of judges.

He said, “our plan as a team is to influence the lives of young girls that will focus more on dedication to community projects and send the massage out there that pageantry can contribute positively to the society. It is not about being a “Face of Paynesville”, but the outreach and what the queen could do with the crown.”

“I’m calling on girls with the passion for pageantry to come and be part of this initiative that is meant for their own benefit,” he said.

He said the secret of winning the Face of Paynesville requires one to be a community-friendly person and an individual with good character.

“Elimination of contestants will begin after the launch,” Mr. Bility said. “Fans hold 40 percent of vote and the judges have the remaining 60 percent.”

He disclosed that each contestant will have a short-code assigned to them that will enable fans to vote via the text massage platform and this is the reason contestants have to be congenial.

“Our team will still remain committed to ensure transparency in the process. We will always keep our promise of organizing a free, fair and transparent contest like we did during the first edition,” he assure the public.

Mr. Bility said unlike last year’s edition, which was aired live on Real TV everyday at 9 p.m., only the final will be show live. The rest of the show will be pre-recorded and aired later.

Authors

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here