The Ministry of Commerce and Industry will host Liberia’s second National MSME Conference and Trade Fair in April this year. At that conference, the Commerce and Industry Minister, Mr. Axel Addy, the nation’s top small businesses will gather to share their secrets-of-success, network with big regional buyers, and explore unique opportunities for small businesses in Liberia. The conference is expected to be held at the Monrovia City Hall, April 29th to 30th, 2014.
This year’s theme is “From Vision to Implementation: Buying Liberian, Building Liberia.”
The conference will include thematic plenary sessions on policy opportunities for MSMEs in the areas of Access to Finance and Access to Markets, with multiple breakout sessions to allow more detailed discussion. During The Conference, a number of qualified and merit-selected Liberian businesses will exhibit their products and services at The Trade Fair, and Liberian students will participate in the First National Business Competition.
- A roadmap to MSME Policy and how it can help grow your MSME;
- Business networking between stakeholders for strategic business connections;
- Key business trainings and tools for MSMEs to run their daily operations;
- Lessons in best business practices from regionally-active business leaders;
- Opportunity to compete in the First National Business Competition.
Conference participants will include government officials, MSMEs, private and public sector representatives, civil society organizations and a range of technical practitioners and experts from throughout ECOWAS and other regions.